This is the true story and recorded exploits of 1 tennis professional turned mortician on a 2 month cross-country golf odyssey.

Monday, March 06, 2006

Closing in on Departure

I am 2 days away from deaparture on The Odyssey and my excitement can hardly be contained. Many thanks go out already to the golf professional at Chevy Chase Club Jim Fitzgerald. Jim has secured me access to many incredible private courses, including the trip opener Kinloch Golf Club in Richmond. This fairly new course openend to critical acclaim and vaulted to the top of the rankings for courses both public and private in Virginia. Kinloch will be quite a challenge this Wednesday. I still have tons of errands and packing in prepartion for the trip and I still have yet to hit a golf ball since December.

Thanks to everyone who helped so far. I've secured lodging in San Diego, CA; Big Rapids, MI; Tallahassee, FL; and Bandon, OR. I've also received some great advice on courses to consider and courses that I'd be crazy to miss.

Current Handicap: 8.1
Next Course: Kinloch Golf Club, Richmond, VA
Next Overnight Stay: Richmond, VA

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home